Duties and responsibilities
- Managing accounting functions and general ledger, overseeing banking reconciliation to ensure the accuracy, completeness and compliance with company policy
- Maintaining treasury operations, ensuring that all bank accounts are sufficient for upcoming payments, Maintaining the fixed asset register and prepayments schedule
- Preparing monthly financial reports including balance sheet, profit and loss, cash flow statements and providing commentary
- Providing assurance about the accuracy of information contained in financial reports and their compliance with relevant legislation, accounting standards and regulations.
- Managing Tax compliance including income tax, BAS, FBT and liaising with external tax advisers
- Working closely with external auditors in audit fieldwork and to prepare the statutory year-end financial reports
- Pursuing financial process improvements and system enhancement initiatives.
- Ongoing automation and continuous improvement as the business continues to scale
- Responding to ad hoc requests from Financial Controller as required
- A tertiary qualification in Accounting, Commerce or finance
- Minimum one year’s experience in a similar role
- Advanced knowledge in MS Excel and accounting software
- Proven ability for attention to detail, accuracy and problem solving skills
- Well-developed analytical, evaluation and monitoring skills
- Strong administrative and organisational skills and capable of meeting tight deadlines
- Good understanding of Australian Accounting Standards and Regulations
- Competitive salary package based on level of experience
- Career progression
- Work/Life balance
- Sound & enjoyable work environment
- Dynamic & innovative leadership group
The salary range for this role is between: $60,000- $66,000
To apply for this role, please send a detailed cover letter and resume detailing why you fit the role
Why join Eucalyptus?
We’ve grown from 0 to 200,000 patients
We’ve grown from 0 to 5 brands
We’ve grown from 4 to 200 people
All in just 3 years!
We are building the future of accessible, patient-centric healthcare right here in Australia and we want you to be part of this generational story!
We are backed by some of the best VCs in the world and Blackbird, who invested in us, put us among the fastest-growing companies they have ever funded.
What do we do, exactly?
Our mission is to build the future of healthcare, and help people live longer, healthier lives.
We have built a bespoke technology platform to deliver healthcare to Australians with a level of care and depth that brings healthcare into the internet age and we are just getting started.
We work with doctors, specialists, pharmacists, and medical professionals from all over the country, and our brands (Pilot, Kin, Software, Normal, and Juniper) speak to different people at different stages of their life and needs. For example, our most recent brand, Juniper, is changing the conversation around menopause.
How do we work?
Things move quickly here.
We like to set goals with the mindset that if we hit them all we haven’t challenged ourselves enough. You’ll be surrounded by a world-class team of thinkers, designers, engineers and leaders who are obsessed with three things:
- The health and wellbeing of the average person
- Creating personalised, engaging, convenient user-experiences
- Making healthcare fun and interesting (because it is)
We are experienced business builders, our roots and talent run deep in the DTC and technology space. We believe too many chefs spoil the broth and people are given the freedom to make decisions (and mistakes), and learn from the journey. Ultimately, we believe ideas are cheap and great execution is more important than anything.
Why you'll thrive here
Here are the highlights:
- Come and experience the growth at one of the fastest growing startups (LinkedIn #5 fastest growing startups in Australia) while we are still small (~200 people).
- Push yourself with challenges that are world-first, unique and exhilarating.
- See the meaningful impact of your work on over tens of thousands of actual users (check out the customers that love us!)
- Learn from some of Australia’s best marketers, engineers, creatives, operations specialists, and medical professionals - joining a diverse team from Atlassian, Canva, Google, Koala, McKinsey, Bain, BuzzFeed, Optiver, Halter and many many more.
- And also it goes without saying: flexible location work arrangements, WFH allowances, parental leave, gym benefits, employee discounts, social clubs sponsorships, uncapped learning and development budgets for all of our staff.
- Life is too short to not be curious