This role is high-trust and high-autonomy. You will take on pieces of the GM role and independently lead initiatives with our operations, growth, marketing, customer support, user research and new product development teams.
Areas of responsibility will flex based on the candidate, but potential duties include:
- Driving NORMAL’s expansion in international markets (we’ve just launched toys in 5 markets, and we sell our digital education product The Modern Guide to Sex everywhere)
- Groundbreaking user research which shapes everything from NORMAL’s future products to Australia’s conversation about sex and sexuality (like our Big Sex Survey)
- Shepherding our next wave of physical products from concept, sourcing and sampling to launch
- Expanding our footprint from direct-to-consumer ecommerce into online and physical retail partnerships (with our first partnership being David Jones)
- Driving high-impact reengagement, retention and referral initiatives to help our users (and their favourite people!) to meet more sexual wellness needs
- Overseeing and organising our growing universe of sex education content (prioritisation, creation, repurposing, distribution and amplification of sex education content across TikTok, Instagram, our podcast, our own website, partner media outlets and more!)
- Working with marketing teams to identify and execute on the highest-impact opportunities in paid and organic acquisition channels - from Facebook and Search to PR and influencers
- Leading projects to ensure our community the best-in-class receive customer support they deserve!
- Working with our Operations team to manage supply chain and logistics issues
- Compiling, analysing & reporting brand-level metrics to the management team
Future growth trajectory
- This role is a springboard for the right candidate, with extensive mentoring from the GM of NORMAL. You will be given as much responsibility as you're ready to handle, and will manage large portions of NORMAL's business independently.
- This role will be a great fit for someone looking to become a founder, to manage a brand or vertical at Eucalyptus, to become a venture investor, to move into a senior role in a startup or scale-up, or to become part of the growing 'strategy and launch' team shaping the future of healthcare and wellness at Eucalyptus.
- 2-3 years’ of work experience in a fast-paced, high-responsibility work environment such as strategy consulting, investment banking, high growth startups or VC investing
- Mission-driven: You're excited to be part of a 200-person (and growing) organisation shaping the future of healthcare and the future of sexuality.
- Safe pair of hands: You're able to collaborate with different types of stakeholders, communicate clearly, and manage multiple complex projects simultaneously without needing oversight.
- Efficient problem solver who gets things done: You can break down a new problem quickly, think through solutions and execute quickly.
- Confident business analyst: You can read a balance sheet, clean up data and are comfortable using tools like Excel to answer business questions quickly.
- Strong verbal and written communicator: You know how to convey information about our customers and business in a compelling way that helps all the teams working on NORMAL feel informed and excited.
- Growth mindset: You're excited to grow as a professional, and comfortable giving and receiving thoughtful feedback.
- Good energy! You enjoy the pace and challenge of rapidly scaling an organisation, and bring good vibes to all your interactions.
Bonus points for
- Experience with user research, growth marketing, online media, content creation, product management & software engineering.
- Interest in healthtech, edutech & direct-to-consumer business models.
Please do not filter yourself out based on these, but let us know in your application if you have strengths which can help you contribute around these areas.
Other points to note
- You don’t need any prior experience with sextech, sex therapy or sex education
- This role is suitable for candidates of all demographics and backgrounds (sexual wellness is for everyone)
- We’re committed to this being a safe, professional working environment. We have clear guidelines for how we work on topics related to sex, and you’ll never be asked to share your personal experiences, or hear others share theirs - we’re here to focus on helping our community.
Why join Eucalyptus?
We’ve grown from 0 to 200,000 patients
We’ve grown from 0 to 5 brands
We’ve grown from 4 to 200 people
All in just 3 years!
We are building the future of accessible, patient-centric healthcare right here in Australia and we want you to be part of this generational story!
We are backed by some of the best VCs in the world and Blackbird, who invested in us, put us among the fastest-growing companies they have ever funded.
What do we do, exactly?
Our mission is to build the future of healthcare, and help people live longer, healthier lives.
We have built a bespoke technology platform to deliver healthcare to Australians with a level of care and depth that brings healthcare into the internet age and we are just getting started.
We work with doctors, specialists, pharmacists, and medical professionals from all over the country, and our brands (Pilot, Kin, Software, Normal, and Juniper) speak to different people at different stages of their life and needs. For example, our most recent brand, Juniper, is changing the conversation around menopause.
How do we work?
Things move quickly here.
We like to set goals with the mindset that if we hit them all we haven’t challenged ourselves enough. You’ll be surrounded by a world-class team of thinkers, designers, engineers and leaders who are obsessed with three things:
- The health and wellbeing of the average person
- Creating personalised, engaging, convenient user-experiences
- Making healthcare fun and interesting (because it is)
We are experienced business builders, our roots and talent run deep in the DTC and technology space. We believe too many chefs spoil the broth and people are given the freedom to make decisions (and mistakes), and learn from the journey. Ultimately, we believe ideas are cheap and great execution is more important than anything.
Why you'll thrive here
Here are the highlights:
- Come and experience the growth at one of the fastest growing startups (LinkedIn #5 fastest growing startups in Australia) while we are still small (~200 people).
- Push yourself with challenges that are world-first, unique and exhilarating.
- See the meaningful impact of your work on over tens of thousands of actual users (check out the customers that love us!)
- Learn from some of Australia’s best marketers, engineers, creatives, operations specialists, and medical professionals - joining a diverse team from Atlassian, Canva, Google, Koala, McKinsey, Bain, BuzzFeed, Optiver, Halter and many many more.
- A share in the company (equity), so you are rewarded for your best work.
- And also it goes without saying: flexible location work arrangements, WFH allowances, parental leave, gym benefits, employee discounts, social clubs sponsorships, uncapped learning and development budgets for all of our staff.
- Life is too short to not be curious