Eucalyptus is looking for an operational powerhouse to lead our fulfilment operations. You will be responsible for our network of pharmacies Australia-wide, tasked with fulfilling thousands of prescription medication and ecommerce orders each day. You'll lead a team of Site Managers responsible for day-to-day operations. Your vision will create the roadmap for expansion of our pharmacy fulfilment network and your operational expertise will ensure best practices are shared across the network.
This is a leadership role, reporting to the Head of Operations.
To deliver high-quality, high-touch healthcare, Eucalyptus launches and runs consumer healthcare brands built on a shared technology platform and supply chain. This infrastructure needs to be able to scale up fast and maintain the flexibility to serve a diverse set of current and future brands.
One of the key pieces of infrastructure in our shared supply chain is our network of pharmacy partners, that help us fulfil orders for medication and deliver these direct-to-consumer, quickly and simply. Our partners either operate out of their own community pharmacies or our "cloud pharmacy" sites, which are custom-built pharmacy fulfilment centres.
The Head of Fulfilment is responsible for all medication dispensing and fulfilment operations across our network. You'll lead a team of "cloud pharmacy" site managers to deliver against operational metrics in a hyper-growth environment, share best practices across sites, launch new sites and partnerships, and build a culture that promotes safety and delivers on our core promises of convenience and discretion. You'll work closely with our partners to align on goals and scale the impact of our expert pharmacy team on the health of our patients.
The scope of this role and the pace of Euc's growth means this role has has a number of career opportunities. For example, the person who previously held the position is moving overseas to launch and run our operations in the UK!
- Own our dispensing and DTC fulfilment operations across Australia
- Own the roadmap for a cloud pharmacy and warehouse network that can scale 10x
- Launch new cloud pharmacy sites
- Coach and manager our Site Managers (who each lead teams of 30-50 staff)
- Share best operational and safety practices across sites and continuously improve processes
- Work with our pharmacy partners to launch new medications and promote safety and quality
- Work closely with our Product & Engineering team to build more productive systems
- Partner up with our Supply Chain and Customer Experience teams to create a seamless experience for patients from order to fulfilment, delivery and support
- Contribute to Euc's long term Ops strategy as a key member of the Ops Leadership Team
- Visionary - you have a clear view of how the future should and are a consistent source of energy to build towards it
- Inspiring leader - you motivate others to work hard, make tough decisions and perform at their best
- A coach - you guide your team to solve problems themselves and learn from one another
- Objective - you seek truth through data and use the best evidence to make decisions
- Owner - you'll be responsible for a key pillar of our customer experience; you'll treat it like your baby
- Proactive communicator - your words create clarity and momentum
- Transparent - you challenge respectfully, share insights freely and own your mistakes
- Passionate your energy to help people improve their health is infectious
- Resilient - you keep your cool when the kitchen starts to get a little hot (which is most days!)
- A high achiever - you’ve probably been top of you class; this is the place to test yourself
- Experience managing a team (preferably managing managers)
- Passionate about startups, healthcare, or both
- 5-8 years experience in professional services or operations
- Supply chain, fulfilment operations, or DTC experience is nice to have, but not required
Why join Eucalyptus?
We’ve grown from 0 to 200,000 patients
We’ve grown from 0 to 5 brands
We’ve grown from 4 to 200 people
All in just 3 years!
We are building the future of accessible, patient-centric healthcare right here in Australia and we want you to be part of this generational story!
We are backed by some of the best VCs in the world and Blackbird, who invested in us, put us among the fastest-growing companies they have ever funded.
What do we do, exactly?
Our mission is to build the future of healthcare, and help people live longer, healthier lives.
We have built a bespoke technology platform to deliver healthcare to Australians with a level of care and depth that brings healthcare into the internet age and we are just getting started.
We work with doctors, specialists, pharmacists, and medical professionals from all over the country, and our brands (Pilot, Kin, Software, Normal, and Juniper) speak to different people at different stages of their life and needs. For example, our most recent brand, Juniper, is changing the conversation around menopause.
How do we work?
Things move quickly here.
We like to set goals with the mindset that if we hit them all we haven’t challenged ourselves enough. You’ll be surrounded by a world-class team of thinkers, designers, engineers and leaders who are obsessed with three things:
- The health and wellbeing of the average person
- Creating personalised, engaging, convenient user-experiences
- Making healthcare fun and interesting (because it is)
We are experienced business builders, our roots and talent run deep in the DTC and technology space. We believe too many chefs spoil the broth and people are given the freedom to make decisions (and mistakes), and learn from the journey. Ultimately, we believe ideas are cheap and great execution is more important than anything.
Why you'll thrive here
Here are the highlights:
- Come and experience the growth at one of the fastest growing startups (LinkedIn #5 fastest growing startups in Australia) while we are still small (~200 people).
- Push yourself with challenges that are world-first, unique and exhilarating.
- See the meaningful impact of your work on over tens of thousands of actual users (check out the customers that love us!)
- Learn from some of Australia’s best marketers, engineers, creatives, operations specialists, and medical professionals - joining a diverse team from Atlassian, Canva, Google, Koala, McKinsey, Bain, BuzzFeed, Optiver, Halter and many many more.
- A share in the company (equity), so you are rewarded for your best work.
- And also it goes without saying: flexible location work arrangements, WFH allowances, parental leave, gym benefits, employee discounts, social clubs sponsorships, uncapped learning and development budgets for all of our staff.
- Life is too short to not be curious