Why join Eucalyptus?
We are building the future of accessible, patient-centric healthcare right here in Australia!
In just 2 years, we've grown to over 100 000 patients across 3 companies. Blackbird, who invested in us, put us among the fastest-growing companies they have ever funded.
What do we do, exactly?
Well, we have built a technology platform to deliver healthcare to Australians with a level of care and depth that brings healthcare into the internet age. We plug into doctors, specialists and pharmacies from all over the country, and our brands (Pilot, Kin and Software) cater for different demographics. Our most recent brand, Normal, is changing the conversation around sexual health and wellness.
How do we work?
Things move quickly here. We like to set goals with the mindset that if we hit them all we haven’t challenged ourselves enough. You’ll be surrounded by a world-class team of thinkers, designers, engineers and leaders who are obsessed with three things:
- The health and wellbeing of the average person
- Creating personalised, engaging, convenient user-experiences
- Making healthcare fun and interesting (because it is)
The organisation is flat and decision making happens regularly and rapidly at every level of the org. We believe too many chefs spoil the broth and ultimately people are given the freedom to make decisions (and mistakes), and learn from the journey. Ultimately, we believe ideas are cheap and execution is more important than anything.
Why you'll thrive here
We want to set you up for success from day one, ensuring you’ll thrive here because you’ll:
- Come in at the ground floor at one of the fastest growing startups in the country while we are still small (~80 people).
- An awesome office in Haymarket, near Central (with flexible work – esp. during COVID).
- See the meaningful impact of your work on over tens of thousands of actual users (check out the customers that love us!).
- Learn from some of Australia’s best marketers, engineers and creatives, joining a diverse team from Atlassian, Canva, Koala, McKinsey, BuzzFeed, Optiver, Halter and more.
- A share in the company (equity), so you are rewarded for your best work.
To date all of our legal needs have been met by one of our founders (professional services background) and support from a range of external legal firms. Post our recent Series B fundraising round we are looking to establish a dedicated Legal, Compliance and Risk Team and you will be key in helping us define and execute the implementation of this new team into Eucalyptus.
This role will cover a wide range of topics, from commercial to regulatory, and has the potential to have industry spanning impacts across the Telehealth landscape. Initially starting as an individual contributor, supported by external firms when needed, the scope of this role will be to grow and expand the team.
Some of the areas that you’ll own are:
- All legislation related to Telehealth and Advertising of Therapeutic goods - internal advice, industry commentary, competitor research, etc.
- Partnership agreements structuring (for new brands and existing partners)
- Privacy law and advice on its operational implementation at Eucalyptus.
- Employment and contractor agreements structuring and management
- Advice on commercial lease negotiations (with specialist support when needed)
- Trademarks - strategy and management (applications are done externally)
- Managing an established communication process with regulatory authorities on any items of concern
- Oversight of legal process for fundraising. We won’t have to do one for a while, but all the operational legal systems have to run well for fundraising DD to be ready.
- 6-8 years of experience
- Currently operating at an Senior Associate level or equivalent
- Experience running a team
Bonus points for:
- Exposure to telehealth and medico legal fields
- In-house legal counsel experience