Why join Eucalyptus?
We are building the future of accessible, patient-centric healthcare right here in Australia!
In just 2 years, we've grown to over 100 000 patients across 3 companies. Blackbird, who invested in us, put us among the fastest-growing companies they have ever funded.
What do we do, exactly?
Well, we have built a technology platform to deliver healthcare to Australians with a level of care and depth that brings healthcare into the internet age. We plug into doctors, specialists and pharmacies from all over the country, and our brands (Pilot, Kin and Software) cater for different demographics. Our most recent brand, Normal, is changing the conversation around sexual health and wellness.
How do we work?
Things move quickly here. We like to set goals with the mindset that if we hit them all we haven’t challenged ourselves enough. You’ll be surrounded by a world-class team of thinkers, designers, engineers and leaders who are obsessed with three things:
- The health and wellbeing of the average person
- Creating personalised, engaging, convenient user-experiences
- Making healthcare fun and interesting (because it is)
The organisation is flat and decision making happens regularly and rapidly at every level of the org. We believe too many chefs spoil the broth and ultimately people are given the freedom to make decisions (and mistakes), and learn from the journey. Ultimately, we believe ideas are cheap and execution is more important than anything.
Why you'll thrive here
We want to set you up for success from day one, ensuring you’ll thrive here because you’ll:
- Come in at the ground floor at one of the fastest growing startups in the country while we are still small (~80 people).
- An awesome office in Haymarket, near Central (with flexible work – esp. during COVID).
- See the meaningful impact of your work on over tens of thousands of actual users (check out the customers that love us!).
- Learn from some of Australia’s best marketers, engineers and creatives, joining a diverse team from Atlassian, Canva, Koala, McKinsey, BuzzFeed, Optiver, Halter and more.
- A share in the company (equity), so you are rewarded for your best work.
If you are keen on making a difference to Australian healthcare and have 2-3 years of finance or management consulting experience and are looking for a role that is truly meaningful and impactful, this could be your chance to take the leap!
As an Investment Analyst at Eucalyptus you will be responsible for the collection, analysis and presentation of information required to answer business case questions from various stakeholders, while being resourceful in how you procure and transform that information. This role will be instrumental in shaping the future of the Eucalyptus business:
- In our existing portfolio you will assist in the capital allocation and return profile of investment among existing brands and media channels, including managing the split between media channels of 7 figure budgets. You will present your analysis and view to senior management and manage the investment committee process.
- In new projects, you will be instrumental in stress testing robust business cases using proprietary information available from our growing experience in digital healthcare and present these findings. You will act as the conduit between the existing operations data team and the highly theoretical world of new project planning.
In this role you will need to:
- Be a strong communicator - working with the wider business and stakeholders on capital allocation, and have the ability to dumb-things-down when required.
- Be interested in formulating questions that tackle large problems and then break down those problems into their component parts (consulting skill set).
- Work with senior management as well as marketing, content, and operations to develop the best information processes.
- Be willing to work with ambiguity and where processes do not exist, be instrumental in creating them
- Have 2–3 years experience in investment banking OR management consulting
- Need to have work rights in Australia and available for work in Sydney
- Expert competency in financial excel modelling and problem solving
Bonus points for:
Experience or willingness to operate in SQL and Python or other comparable coding languages