Why join Eucalyptus?
We are building the future of accessible, patient-centric healthcare right here in Australia!
In just 2 years, we've grown to over 100 000 patients across 3 companies. Blackbird, who invested in us, put us among the fastest-growing companies they have ever funded.
What do we do, exactly?
Well, we have built a technology platform to deliver healthcare to Australians with a level of care and depth that brings healthcare into the internet age. We plug into doctors, specialists and pharmacies from all over the country, and our brands (Pilot, Kin and Software) cater for different demographics. Our most recent brand, Normal, is changing the conversation around sexual health and wellness.
How do we work?
Things move quickly here. We like to set goals with the mindset that if we hit them all we haven’t challenged ourselves enough. You’ll be surrounded by a world-class team of thinkers, designers, engineers and leaders who are obsessed with three things:
- The health and wellbeing of the average person
- Creating personalised, engaging, convenient user-experiences
- Making healthcare fun and interesting (because it is)
The organisation is flat and decision making happens regularly and rapidly at every level of the org. We believe too many chefs spoil the broth and ultimately people are given the freedom to make decisions (and mistakes), and learn from the journey. Ultimately, we believe ideas are cheap and execution is more important than anything.
Why you'll thrive here
We want to set you up for success from day one, ensuring you’ll thrive here because you’ll:
- Come in at the ground floor at one of the fastest growing startups in the country while we are still small (~80 people).
- An awesome office in Haymarket, near Central (with flexible work – esp. during COVID).
- See the meaningful impact of your work on over tens of thousands of actual users (check out the customers that love us!).
- Learn from some of Australia’s best marketers, engineers and creatives, joining a diverse team from Atlassian, Canva, Koala, McKinsey, BuzzFeed, Optiver, Halter and more.
- A share in the company (equity), so you are rewarded for your best work.
Your mission will be to turn EUC’s logistics operation into a source of enduring competitive advantage. Fast, transparent and reliable movement of goods is table stakes for ecommerce companies. But few DTC businesses create a vertically integrated supply chain capable of exceeding customers’ expectations time and time again. Add to this ambition the complexity of transporting regulated pharmaceutical supplies, powered devices and cold-stored medications in AU and abroad and you have yourself a big, hairy goal worth fighting for!
Core responsibilities of the role
- International Freight Management
In addition to prescription medication, EUC creates and sells our own, branded ‘over the counter’ (OTC) products. These products are manufactured offshore and need to be delivered in time for carefully orchestrated product launches. We need this freight process to be seamless - and when it’s not, we need to know about delays as early as possible so we can mitigate risk. Your main activities will be:
- liaising with international suppliers to firm production, customs and shipping lead times
- managing freight forwarders and customs brokers to create cost and speed efficiencies
- working with EUC Finance and to create purchasing schedules
- Domestic Freight Management
We send tens of thousands of packages to our customers each month - and we’re just getting started! Last mile is a huge percentage of our total delivery time and the part of the operation where we have the least visibility and control. You’ll be responsible for owning the relationships with our delivery partners, creating transparency between us and them and tirelessly lobbying for faster, more accurate delivery for EUC’s customers. Your main activities will be:
- optimising domestic freight times
- reporting on freight performance
- solving the root causes of freight complaints
- identifying cost and time savings, including new partnerships
- Warehouse Transfer Management
EUC’s warehouse footprint is growing rapidly. Soon we will have a presence in every AU capital city. We also partner with a network of community pharmacies who dispense medication to our customers. You will be responsible for managing bulk freight between local suppliers and warehouses as well as inventory optimisation at each location to ensure on-time shipping and delivery. Your main activities will be:
- managing freight between warehouses, pharmacies, offices etc.
- optimising freight costs
- creating business cases for own warehousing vs. 3PLs (locally and abroad)
- reporting to partners on dispatch, wastage etc
You’re ideal for this role if you are:
- Analytical - you can report on performance and draw insight from numbers
- Commercial - you know a good deal when you see one; you are a shrewd negotiator
- A ‘doer’ - you getting hands dirty and diving into the nitty gritty of hard problems
- A communicator - you are transparent, timely and clear in your written and oral comms
- Technical - you know what BAF and CAF mean; you can tell how many tonnes a truck can carry, just by looking at it!
- Digital native - you adopt new tech quickly; you strives to use the best available tools
Bonus points if you have:
- completed or commenced courses or degrees in logistics/supply chain management
- experience working closely with or in a freight forwarding organisation
- knowledge of Australia’s local freight networks and vendors