Your objective is to increase opportunities for patient engagement to provide a safer and more personalised healthcare experience. The role has both reactive and proactive elements - you will be triaging and responding to medical inquiries, managing medication side effects, providing reassurance and support, and following up with patients on their treatment journey.
You’ll also be expected to contribute to building systems that get better over time; to buy into our ambition to drive a future for healthcare that is more convenient, personalised, and comprehensive; and contribute a culture focused on delivering safe and useful patient health experiences.
Not only does this role give an outstanding medical professional the opportunity to step away from the shackles of hospital bureaucracy into an organisation with maximum autonomy, there are opportunities to learn about different areas of the business and be involved in product launches, projects, and other initiatives as we scale, to put your mark on an organisation that is changing the Australian health landscape.
The core responsibilities of this role include:
- Triaging medical enquiries efficiently to ensure excellent patient safety and care is received;
- Providing outstanding medical advice to patients (by email and phone) across all the Eucalyptus brands, which ceates lasting impressions because of its depth and personalisation;
- Responding to medical incidents;
- Assisting in the creation of medical knowledge centres that empowers our CX team to provide deeper and more personalised patient experiences;
- Proactively engaging with patients throughout their treatment journey;
- Working closely with a team of Medical Support Specialists to assist in building processes and systems that get better over time;
- Being a critical point of contact for our Eucalyptus partnered doctors
Maintaining a fast response to our patient's is essential, therefore our team operates between 7am-7pm, 7 days a week. While flexibility for weekend work and rostering between our operating hours will be required, we work with you to find the right balance.
- Qualified health professional - you are a qualified nurse or pharmacist with 5+ years experience, AHPRA registration a must!
- Experienced decision maker - you can make timely and accurate referral decisions based on your clinical expertise; stressful situations don't phase you
- Cool head - you have experience triaging patients (either in a hospital, clinic or community pharmacy) and always keep a cool head
- Trust - patients trust you implicitly because of your experience, your confidence and your manner
- Clear communicator - communicating with patients, health professionals and team members comes naturally to you; you get the message across clear and concise
- Heart - Patients love their interactions with you, feel safe and supported in your care and keep coming back!
Bonus points for
- Telehealth or medicines line experience
- Triaging in a clinical setting
Why join Eucalyptus?
We’ve grown from 0 to 200,000 patients
We’ve grown from 0 to 5 brands
We’ve grown from 4 to 200 people
All in just 3 years!
We are building the future of accessible, patient-centric healthcare right here in Australia and we want you to be part of this generational story!
We are backed by some of the best VCs in the world and Blackbird, who invested in us, put us among the fastest-growing companies they have ever funded.
What do we do, exactly?
Our mission is to build the future of healthcare, and help people live longer, healthier lives.
We have built a bespoke technology platform to deliver healthcare to Australians with a level of care and depth that brings healthcare into the internet age and we are just getting started.
We work with doctors, specialists, pharmacists, and medical professionals from all over the country, and our brands (Pilot, Kin, Software, Normal, and Juniper) speak to different people at different stages of their life and needs. For example, our most recent brand, Juniper, is changing the conversation around menopause.
How do we work?
Things move quickly here.
We like to set goals with the mindset that if we hit them all we haven’t challenged ourselves enough. You’ll be surrounded by a world-class team of thinkers, designers, engineers and leaders who are obsessed with three things:
- The health and wellbeing of the average person
- Creating personalised, engaging, convenient user-experiences
- Making healthcare fun and interesting (because it is)
We are experienced business builders, our roots and talent run deep in the DTC and technology space. We believe too many chefs spoil the broth and people are given the freedom to make decisions (and mistakes), and learn from the journey. Ultimately, we believe ideas are cheap and great execution is more important than anything.
Why you'll thrive here
Here are the highlights:
- Come and experience the growth at one of the fastest growing startups (LinkedIn #5 fastest growing startups in Australia) while we are still small (~200 people).
- Push yourself with challenges that are world-first, unique and exhilarating.
- See the meaningful impact of your work on over tens of thousands of actual users (check out the customers that love us!)
- Learn from some of Australia’s best marketers, engineers, creatives, operations specialists, and medical professionals - joining a diverse team from Atlassian, Canva, Google, Koala, McKinsey, Bain, BuzzFeed, Optiver, Halter and many many more.
- A share in the company (equity), so you are rewarded for your best work.
- And also it goes without saying: flexible location work arrangements, WFH allowances, parental leave, gym benefits, employee discounts, social clubs sponsorships, uncapped learning and development budgets for all of our staff.
- Life is too short to not be curious