Your objective is to increase opportunities for patient engagement to provide a safer and more personalised healthcare experience. The role has both reactive and proactive elements - you will be triaging and responding to medical inquiries, managing medication side effects, providing reassurance and support, and following up with patients on their treatment journey.
You’ll also be expected to contribute to building systems that get better over time; to buy into our ambition to drive a future for healthcare that is more convenient, personalised, and comprehensive; and contribute a culture focused on delivering safe and useful patient health experiences.
Not only does this role give an outstanding medical professional the opportunity to step away from the shackles of hospital bureaucracy into an organisation with maximum autonomy, there are opportunities to learn about different areas of the business and be involved in product launches, projects, and other initiatives as we scale, to put your mark on an organisation that is changing the Australian health landscape.
The core responsibilities of this role include:
- Triaging medical enquiries efficiently to ensure excellent patient safety and care is received;
- Providing outstanding medical advice to patients (by email and phone) across all the Eucalyptus brands, which ceates lasting impressions because of its depth and personalisation;
- Responding to medical incidents;
- Assisting in the creation of medical knowledge centres that empowers our CX team to provide deeper and more personalised patient experiences;
- Proactively engaging with patients throughout their treatment journey;
- Working closely with a team of Medical Support Specialists to assist in building processes and systems that get better over time;
- Being a critical point of contact for our Eucalyptus partnered doctors
Maintaining a fast response to our patient's is essential, therefore our team operates between 7am-7pm, 7 days a week. While flexibility for weekend work and rostering between our operating hours will be required, we work with you to find the right balance.
- Qualified health professional - you are a qualified nurse or pharmacist with 5+ years experience, AHPRA registration a must!
- Experienced decision maker - you can make timely and accurate referral decisions based on your clinical expertise; stressful situations don't phase you
- Cool head - you have experience triaging patients (either in a hospital, clinic or community pharmacy) and always keep a cool head
- Trust - patients trust you implicitly because of your experience, your confidence and your manner
- Clear communicator - communicating with patients, health professionals and team members comes naturally to you; you get the message across clear and concise
- Heart - Patients love their interactions with you, feel safe and supported in your care and keep coming back!
Bonus points for
- Telehealth or medicines line experience
- Triaging in a clinical setting
Why join Eucalyptus?
We are building the future of accessible, patient-centric healthcare right here in Australia!
In just 2 years, we've grown to over 100 000 patients across 3 companies. Blackbird, who invested in us, put us among the fastest-growing companies they have ever funded.
What do we do, exactly?
Well, we have built a technology platform to deliver healthcare to Australians with a level of care and depth that brings healthcare into the internet age. We plug into doctors, specialists and pharmacies from all over the country, and our brands (Pilot, Kin and Software) cater for different demographics. Our most recent brand, Normal, is changing the conversation around sexual health and wellness.
How do we work?
Things move quickly here. We like to set goals with the mindset that if we hit them all we haven’t challenged ourselves enough. You’ll be surrounded by a world-class team of thinkers, designers, engineers and leaders who are obsessed with three things:
- The health and wellbeing of the average person
- Creating personalised, engaging, convenient user-experiences
- Making healthcare fun and interesting (because it is)
The organisation is flat and decision making happens regularly and rapidly at every level of the org. We believe too many chefs spoil the broth and ultimately people are given the freedom to make decisions (and mistakes), and learn from the journey. Ultimately, we believe ideas are cheap and execution is more important than anything.
Why you'll thrive here
We want to set you up for success from day one, ensuring you’ll thrive here because you’ll:
- Come in at the ground floor at one of the fastest growing startups in the country while we are still small (~80 people).
- An awesome office in Haymarket, near Central (with flexible work – esp. during COVID).
- See the meaningful impact of your work on over tens of thousands of actual users (check out the customers that love us!).
- Learn from some of Australia’s best marketers, engineers and creatives, joining a diverse team from Atlassian, Canva, Koala, McKinsey, BuzzFeed, Optiver, Halter and more.
- A share in the company (equity), so you are rewarded for your best work.