As a Frontend Engineer at Eucalyptus, you will be helping shape a word-class frontend function, and take on the unique challenge of maturing a frontend platform that powers a multitude of experiences that all look/feel unique. Your role will include the definition and adoption of best practices - inclusive of automated testing and reusability - as well as helping with mentorship and leadership opportunities.
- 3+ years working as a frontend engineer at other startups or software companies under your belt.
- A passion for frontend development, an eye for detail, and excitement around creating rich, seamless patient experiences.
- Skilled at building front-end applications using web technology such as React, Typescript, Apollo, Tailwind, on top of core proficiencies in HTML/CSS/JS.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with building reusable components across multiple applications and code bases.
- Skilled in testing, security, and monitoring of frontend applications to ensure they're reliable.
- Experience with mono-repo setups & related technology (Lerna, CI/CD pipelines, etc.).
- Good ability to break down projects, estimate timelines and execute projects with multiple streams of work.
Bonus points for:
- Experience with integrating with e-commerce platforms such as Shopify & WebFlow
- An understanding of Vue, and how its concepts translate to other technologies.
- Awareness (or experience) with analytics platforms such as Segment, GA.
- Proficient in making applications inclusive to the accessibility & i18n needs of our patients.
Why join Eucalyptus?
We’ve grown from 0 to 200,000 patients
We’ve grown from 0 to 5 brands
We’ve grown from 4 to 200 people
All in just 3 years!
We are building the future of accessible, patient-centric healthcare right here in Australia and we want you to be part of this generational story!
We are backed by some of the best VCs in the world and Blackbird, who invested in us, put us among the fastest-growing companies they have ever funded.
What do we do, exactly?
Our mission is to build the future of healthcare, and help people live longer, healthier lives.
We have built a bespoke technology platform to deliver healthcare to Australians with a level of care and depth that brings healthcare into the internet age and we are just getting started.
We work with doctors, specialists, pharmacists, and medical professionals from all over the country, and our brands (Pilot, Kin, Software, Normal, and Juniper) speak to different people at different stages of their life and needs. For example, our most recent brand, Juniper, is changing the conversation around menopause.
How do we work?
Things move quickly here.
We like to set goals with the mindset that if we hit them all we haven’t challenged ourselves enough. You’ll be surrounded by a world-class team of thinkers, designers, engineers and leaders who are obsessed with three things:
- The health and wellbeing of the average person
- Creating personalised, engaging, convenient user-experiences
- Making healthcare fun and interesting (because it is)
We are experienced business builders, our roots and talent run deep in the DTC and technology space. We believe too many chefs spoil the broth and people are given the freedom to make decisions (and mistakes), and learn from the journey. Ultimately, we believe ideas are cheap and great execution is more important than anything.
Why you'll thrive here
Here are the highlights:
- Come and experience the growth at one of the fastest growing startups (LinkedIn #5 fastest growing startups in Australia) while we are still small (~200 people).
- Push yourself with challenges that are world-first, unique and exhilarating.
- See the meaningful impact of your work on over tens of thousands of actual users (check out the customers that love us!)
- Learn from some of Australia’s best marketers, engineers, creatives, operations specialists, and medical professionals - joining a diverse team from Atlassian, Canva, Google, Koala, McKinsey, Bain, BuzzFeed, Optiver, Halter and many many more.
- A share in the company (equity), so you are rewarded for your best work.
- And also it goes without saying: flexible location work arrangements, WFH allowances, parental leave, gym benefits, employee discounts, social clubs sponsorships, uncapped learning and development budgets for all of our staff.
- Life is too short to not be curious