As a Software Engineer at Eucalyptus, you will:
- Be a key architectural voice in designing and building scalable frontend and backend for our multi-brand platform.
- Work closely with cross-functional stakeholders in product, design, marketing, creative, analytics, and operations to develop the best telehealth infrastructure and experiences for our customers.
- Take an iterative approach to building & scaling new features, balancing rapid prototyping - while also placing high importance on the stability, security, and modularity of our overall system.
- Provide mentorship and knowledge sharing amongst the wider team. We want you to bring your ideas to the table, and help our team run as effectively as possible (e.g. pair programming, code reviews, feedback on design patterns).
- Several years in a similar role at other startups or software companies under your belt.
- Experience building web products with our tech stack (if you are frontend leaning or backend leaning, we still want to hear from you!):
- Frontend: React, Typescript, Apollo, Tailwind, HTML/CSS/JS
- Backend: TypeScript, Node, GraphQL, PostgreSQL, AWS
- Good ability to break down projects, estimate timelines, and execute projects with multiple streams of work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with building reusable components across multiple applications and code bases.
Why join Eucalyptus?
We’ve grown from 0 to 200,000 patients
We’ve grown from 0 to 5 brands
We’ve grown from 4 to 200 people
All in just 3 years!
We are building the future of accessible, patient-centric healthcare right here in Australia and we want you to be part of this generational story!
We are backed by some of the best VCs in the world and Blackbird, who invested in us, put us among the fastest-growing companies they have ever funded.
What do we do, exactly?
Our mission is to build the future of healthcare, and help people live longer, healthier lives.
We have built a bespoke technology platform to deliver healthcare to Australians with a level of care and depth that brings healthcare into the internet age and we are just getting started.
We work with doctors, specialists, pharmacists, and medical professionals from all over the country, and our brands (Pilot, Kin, Software, Normal, and Juniper) speak to different people at different stages of their life and needs. For example, our most recent brand, Juniper, is changing the conversation around menopause.
How do we work?
Things move quickly here.
We like to set goals with the mindset that if we hit them all we haven’t challenged ourselves enough. You’ll be surrounded by a world-class team of thinkers, designers, engineers and leaders who are obsessed with three things:
- The health and wellbeing of the average person
- Creating personalised, engaging, convenient user-experiences
- Making healthcare fun and interesting (because it is)
We are experienced business builders, our roots and talent run deep in the DTC and technology space. We believe too many chefs spoil the broth and people are given the freedom to make decisions (and mistakes), and learn from the journey. Ultimately, we believe ideas are cheap and great execution is more important than anything.
Why you'll thrive here
Here are the highlights:
- Come and experience the growth at one of the fastest growing startups (LinkedIn #5 fastest growing startups in Australia) while we are still small (~200 people).
- Push yourself with challenges that are world-first, unique and exhilarating.
- See the meaningful impact of your work on over tens of thousands of actual users (check out the customers that love us!)
- Learn from some of Australia’s best marketers, engineers, creatives, operations specialists, and medical professionals - joining a diverse team from Atlassian, Canva, Google, Koala, McKinsey, Bain, BuzzFeed, Optiver, Halter and many many more.
- A share in the company (equity), so you are rewarded for your best work.
- And also it goes without saying: flexible location work arrangements, WFH allowances, parental leave, gym benefits, employee discounts, social clubs sponsorships, uncapped learning and development budgets for all of our staff.
- Life is too short to not be curious