Why join Eucalyptus?
We are building the future of accessible, patient-centric healthcare right here in Australia!
In just 2 years, we've grown to over 100 000 patients across 3 companies. Blackbird, who invested in us, put us among the fastest-growing companies they have ever funded.
What do we do, exactly?
Well, we have built a technology platform to deliver healthcare to Australians with a level of care and depth that brings healthcare into the internet age. We plug into doctors, specialists and pharmacies from all over the country, and our brands (Pilot, Kin and Software) cater for different demographics. Our most recent brand, Normal, is changing the conversation around sexual health and wellness.
How do we work?
Things move quickly here. We like to set goals with the mindset that if we hit them all we haven’t challenged ourselves enough. You’ll be surrounded by a world-class team of thinkers, designers, engineers and leaders who are obsessed with three things:
- The health and wellbeing of the average person
- Creating personalised, engaging, convenient user-experiences
- Making healthcare fun and interesting (because it is)
The organisation is flat and decision making happens regularly and rapidly at every level of the org. We believe too many chefs spoil the broth and ultimately people are given the freedom to make decisions (and mistakes), and learn from the journey. Ultimately, we believe ideas are cheap and execution is more important than anything.
Why you'll thrive here
We want to set you up for success from day one, ensuring you’ll thrive here because you’ll:
- Come in at the ground floor at one of the fastest growing startups in the country while we are still small (~80 people).
- An awesome office in Haymarket, near Central (with flexible work – esp. during COVID).
- See the meaningful impact of your work on over tens of thousands of actual users (check out the customers that love us!).
- Learn from some of Australia’s best marketers, engineers and creatives, joining a diverse team from Atlassian, Canva, Koala, McKinsey, BuzzFeed, Optiver, Halter and more.
- A share in the company (equity), so you are rewarded for your best work.
Some of the core responsibilities of this role are:
1. Vendor Management: Our supply chain is only as good as our supplier partners. We need to know that the product we procure is the best in market, delivered on time, at the best price.
- Creating and managing lasting relationships with suppliers
- Presenting new and innovative products to our brand managers
- Providing forecasts to vendors for high-volume articles
- Managing product and component timelines, from purchase order to delivery
2. Sourcing: Here at Eucalyptus we’re never short on ideas. Whether its new products or innovative & sustainable packaging, there’s always something new being developed. It will be your responsibility to take specs from the design and brand teams and present them with a number of options; taking into consideration cost, quality & speed.
- Investigating new products and technologies and providing options to brands
- Identifying cost saving and quality improvement opportunities
- Presenting product options to design & brand teams
- Sourcing new domestic and international suppliers
3. Processes & Strategy: We believe having robust strategies and processes are critical for a healthy procurement function. It’ll be your role to create and measure these.
- Manage and create supplier agreements, ensuring SLAs and QA/QC processes are adhered to
- Report on supplier performance
- Identify and balance risk
- Create and submit RFQs to suppliers
- Identifying opportunities for cost and time savings and following through with negotiation strategies
You’re ideal for this role if you are:
- Extremely organised and able to project manage processes and suppliers
- A soft hammer. Suppliers want to deal with you, but not because you’re a walkover
- A digital native - you’re comfortable working with many and new systems
- You have significant experience dealing and negotiating with suppliers
Bonus points if you have:
- Completed or commenced courses or degrees in procurement / supply chain
- Experience working in procurement in FMCG, cosmetics or supplements markets
- Knowledge of packaging and raw material sourcing