Why join Eucalyptus?
We are building the future of accessible, patient-centric healthcare right here in Australia!
In just 2 years, we've grown to over 100 000 patients across 3 companies. Blackbird, who invested in us, put us among the fastest-growing companies they have ever funded.
What do we do, exactly?
Well, we have built a technology platform to deliver healthcare to Australians with a level of care and depth that brings healthcare into the internet age. We plug into doctors, specialists and pharmacies from all over the country, and our brands (Pilot, Kin and Software) cater for different demographics. Our most recent brand, Normal, is changing the conversation around sexual health and wellness.
How do we work?
Things move quickly here. We like to set goals with the mindset that if we hit them all we haven’t challenged ourselves enough. You’ll be surrounded by a world-class team of thinkers, designers, engineers and leaders who are obsessed with three things:
- The health and wellbeing of the average person
- Creating personalised, engaging, convenient user-experiences
- Making healthcare fun and interesting (because it is)
The organisation is flat and decision making happens regularly and rapidly at every level of the org. We believe too many chefs spoil the broth and ultimately people are given the freedom to make decisions (and mistakes), and learn from the journey. Ultimately, we believe ideas are cheap and execution is more important than anything.
Why you'll thrive here
We want to set you up for success from day one, ensuring you’ll thrive here because you’ll:
- Come in at the ground floor at one of the fastest growing startups in the country while we are still small (~80 people).
- An awesome office in Haymarket, near Central (with flexible work – esp. during COVID).
- See the meaningful impact of your work on over tens of thousands of actual users (check out the customers that love us!).
- Learn from some of Australia’s best marketers, engineers and creatives, joining a diverse team from Atlassian, Canva, Koala, McKinsey, BuzzFeed, Optiver, Halter and more.
- A share in the company (equity), so you are rewarded for your best work.
We are looking for Senior Backend Software Engineers to join our Foundations team.
Our Brands are built on a shared platform that powers patient-facing functionality such as prescription management, asynchronous doctor consultations and more recently, pathology.
As a Senior Backend Software Engineer at Eucalyptus, you will be:
- A key voice in architecture sparring, application design, and data processing
- Designing scalable backend services, focusing on core services and infrastructure that enable our product and growth teams
- Leveraging your expertise, by championing development processes and mentoring colleagues in workshops and knowledge sharing sessions
- Making pragmatic tradeoffs to grow massive market share, and balance business constraints
- Balancing rapid iteration speed with the overall stability, security and modularity of our system in an agile team
You have a few years in a similar role at other startups or software companies under your belt, and bring the following to the table:
- Recent and extensive backend experience building web services, preferably using Node.js and PostgreSQL
- Practical experience in deploying scalable infrastructure, preferably AWS
- Experience in observability and application monitoring
- Confidence building and running services using CI/CD and dev-ops practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You are passionate about working in a fast growing team and helping establish the foundations the team will extend
Bonus points for
- Experience with various cloud platforms such as Kubernetes
- Experience working in security