Our Brands are built on a shared platform that powers patient-facing functionality such as prescription management, asynchronous doctor consultations and more recently, pathology.
These Capabilities that are built on a unified platform enable our Brands to launch a variety of conditions (such as contraception, hair loss, sleep, acne) at scale.
This team’s mission is to improve the financial health of our brands by delivering experiences to customers that makes them say "Wow, this product is for me".
As a Senior Software Engineer at Eucalyptus, you will be:
- A key architectural voice in designing and building a scalable frontend and backend for our multi-brand platform.
- Balancing rapid iteration speed with the overall stability, security, and modularity of our system in an agile team.
- Working closely with stakeholders in product, design, marketing, creative and operations to develop the best telehealth infrastructure that is aligned with the wider Eucalyptus vision
- Mentoring colleagues and contributing to championing development processes, guidelines, and engineering practices for the team (e.g. Pair Programming, Code Reviews).
- Fostering a culture of pragmatism in combination with best practices and your experience.
You have several years in a similar role at other startups or software companies under your belt, and bring the following to the table:
- Recent and extensive experience building web products using technologies such as React, TypeScript, Node.js, GraphQL, and PostgreSQL
- Practical knowledge of building reusable components and modules across multiple applications and code bases, and the ability to apply architecture knowledge to a variety of different requirements
- Experience managing software projects with the ability to thoughtfully factor in requirements from stakeholders into a technical solution
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You are passionate about working in a fast growing team and helping to establish the capabilities the team will build and extend
Why join Eucalyptus?
We are building the future of accessible, patient-centric healthcare right here in Australia!
In just 2 years, we've grown to over 100 000 patients across 3 companies. Blackbird, who invested in us, put us among the fastest-growing companies they have ever funded.
What do we do, exactly?
Well, we have built a technology platform to deliver healthcare to Australians with a level of care and depth that brings healthcare into the internet age. We plug into doctors, specialists and pharmacies from all over the country, and our brands (Pilot, Kin and Software) cater for different demographics. Our most recent brand, Normal, is changing the conversation around sexual health and wellness.
How do we work?
Things move quickly here. We like to set goals with the mindset that if we hit them all we haven’t challenged ourselves enough. You’ll be surrounded by a world-class team of thinkers, designers, engineers and leaders who are obsessed with three things:
- The health and wellbeing of the average person
- Creating personalised, engaging, convenient user-experiences
- Making healthcare fun and interesting (because it is)
The organisation is flat and decision making happens regularly and rapidly at every level of the org. We believe too many chefs spoil the broth and ultimately people are given the freedom to make decisions (and mistakes), and learn from the journey. Ultimately, we believe ideas are cheap and execution is more important than anything.
Why you'll thrive here
We want to set you up for success from day one, ensuring you’ll thrive here because you’ll:
- Come in at the ground floor at one of the fastest growing startups in the country while we are still small (~80 people).
- An awesome office in Haymarket, near Central (with flexible work – esp. during COVID).
- See the meaningful impact of your work on over tens of thousands of actual users (check out the customers that love us!).
- Learn from some of Australia’s best marketers, engineers and creatives, joining a diverse team from Atlassian, Canva, Koala, McKinsey, BuzzFeed, Optiver, Halter and more.
- A share in the company (equity), so you are rewarded for your best work.