Eucalyptus is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our product-led growth engineering team, to be a key architectural voice in the design & implementation of new product experiences that drive some of our core business metrics; Activation, engagement, and retention.
The role is there for you to make your own, with the opportunity to work (and eventually specialize) across the entire funnel. You'll be able to see your engineering efforts translate into business outcomes quickly, and pursue both small and large technical challenges that can improve our patient experience across all of our core brands.
- Be a key architectural voice in designing and building experiences that drive our growth loop capabilities, and watch them scale across several different brands.
- Work closely with stakeholders in product, design, marketing, creative, analytics, and operations to develop the best telehealth experiences for our customers.
- Be part of building tools and development processes to take Growth engineering to the next level in Australia.
- Take an iterative approach to building & scaling new features, balancing rapid prototyping - while also placing high importance on the stability, security, and modularity of our overall system.
- Technical mentorship and knowledge sharing amongst the wider team. We want you to bring your ideas to the table, and help our team run as effectively as possible (e.g. pair programming, code reviews, feedback on design patterns).
- 3+ years in a similar role at other startups or software companies under your belt.
- Experience building web products using JS frameworks such as React, Web Technologies (ES6, Promises, CSS), TypeScript, Node, GraphQL, PostgreSQL.
- Passion for driving business metrics, and taking a data-driven approach to solving problems.
- Good ability to break down projects, estimate timelines, and execute projects with multiple streams of work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with building reusable components across multiple applications and code bases.
Bonus points for:
- Experience & proficiency in the instrumentation, measurement & analysis of growth experiments at scale.
- Interest and passion for business, good intuition with metrics and numbers, experience with growth funnels, and/or basic knowledge of metrics important to a successful business
- Experience with technology that aids in statistical analysis such as SQL, Segment, Amplitude, Metabase, LaunchDarkly (or similar)
- Working with Facebook and Google Ads integrations for attributing conversions from paid advertising.
Why join Eucalyptus?
We are building the future of accessible, patient-centric healthcare right here in Australia!
In just 2 years, we've grown to over 100 000 patients across 3 companies. Blackbird, who invested in us, put us among the fastest-growing companies they have ever funded.
What do we do, exactly?
Well, we have built a technology platform to deliver healthcare to Australians with a level of care and depth that brings healthcare into the internet age. We plug into doctors, specialists and pharmacies from all over the country, and our brands (Pilot, Kin and Software) cater for different demographics. Our most recent brand, Normal, is changing the conversation around sexual health and wellness.
How do we work?
Things move quickly here. We like to set goals with the mindset that if we hit them all we haven’t challenged ourselves enough. You’ll be surrounded by a world-class team of thinkers, designers, engineers and leaders who are obsessed with three things:
- The health and wellbeing of the average person
- Creating personalised, engaging, convenient user-experiences
- Making healthcare fun and interesting (because it is)
The organisation is flat and decision making happens regularly and rapidly at every level of the org. We believe too many chefs spoil the broth and ultimately people are given the freedom to make decisions (and mistakes), and learn from the journey. Ultimately, we believe ideas are cheap and execution is more important than anything.
Why you'll thrive here
We want to set you up for success from day one, ensuring you’ll thrive here because you’ll:
- Come in at the ground floor at one of the fastest growing startups in the country while we are still small (~80 people).
- An awesome office in Haymarket, near Central (with flexible work – esp. during COVID).
- See the meaningful impact of your work on over tens of thousands of actual users (check out the customers that love us!).
- Learn from some of Australia’s best marketers, engineers and creatives, joining a diverse team from Atlassian, Canva, Koala, McKinsey, BuzzFeed, Optiver, Halter and more.
- A share in the company (equity), so you are rewarded for your best work.