About the Role
Eucalyptus' mission is to deliver higher-touch, higher-quality healthcare. We do this by launching and running consumer healthcare brands built on a shared technology platform and supply chain. This infrastructure needs to be able to scale up fast and maintain the flexibility to serve a diverse set of current and future brands.
As Eucalyptus and its brands grow, an exciting opportunity for a sourcing specialist to join the team has emerged. We need to innovate and expand our packaging range as our new product development pipeline accelerates. The sourcing specialist will report to the Procurement Lead and will be responsible for sourcing and executing new packaging ranges, whilst continually improving the existing range.
Packaging at Euc isn’t just about a box or a bottle. Its an experience. We see the unboxing experience at Euc as an opportunity to connect with and educate our customers. Customers will constantly be suprised and delighted by the quality and ingenuity of our packaging, looking foward to when their next package arrives.
As our first dedicated sourcing specialist, you’ll focus on:
- Sourcing: Here at Eucalyptus we are never short on ideas. Whether it’s new products that need packaging or re-designing our existing packaging range for new markets or to make it even more innovative & sustainable, there's always something in the works. It will be your responsibility to:
- Collect the specifications from the product owner
- Investigate new and innovative packaging products and technologies
- Identify cost saving and quality improvement opportunities
- Create the sourcing strategy and manage the RfX process
- Present options to product owner and design team
- Manage sourcing timelines from purchase to delivery
- Connect with Brand Managers to constantly innovate and increase the quality of packaging experience delivered
- Supplier management: Our supply chain is only as good as our supply partners. We need to know that the product we procure is the best in the market, delivered on time at the best price. You will be:
- Identifying new packaging suppliers both domestically and internationally for our expanding product range and markets
- Creating and managing lasting relationships with our packaging suppliers
- Work closely with our supply & demand management team to provide forecasts to our packaging suppliers for high-volume/ high-risk articles
- Supporting the wider supplier performance management
- Resourceful - you can move mountains with only some smarts and a bit of elbow grease. “I can’t find it” isn’t in your vocabulary
- Attentive to detail - You know that sometimes you can judge a book by its cover. You understand the role of packaging in a product and its importance
- Customer obsessed - you understand and empathise with our diverse customer base; you relentlessly advocate for customers and build scalable systems that deliver real outcomes to them
- Objective - you seek truth through data and use the best evidence to make decisions
- Transparent - you challenge respectfully, share insights freely and own your mistakes
- Resilient - you keep your cool when the kitchen starts to get a little hot (which is most days!)
- A high achiever - you’ve probably been top of your class; this is the place to test yourself
- Reliable - ****you’ll have big goals and lots of autonomy; we need to know you can handle it
- Passionate - your energy to help people improve their health is infectious
You are the right candidate for this role if you:
- have 3-5 years experience in procurement (sourcing packaging preferred)
- have excellent numerical and analytical skills with an eye for detail
- have an understanding of contractual agreements and the ability to work with our suppliers to achieve the best outcomes for EUC
- have strong relationship building skills and a partnership approach to supplier management
- are organised and able to manage projects end-to-end
- are a digital native
Bonus Points if you have:
- completed or commenced courses or degrees in procurement and/or supply chain
- experience in workging in procurement in FMCG, cosmetics or supplements market
Why join Eucalyptus?
We’ve grown from 0 to 200,000 patients
We’ve grown from 0 to 5 brands
We’ve grown from 4 to 200 people
All in just 3 years!
We are building the future of accessible, patient-centric healthcare right here in Australia and we want you to be part of this generational story!
We are backed by some of the best VCs in the world and Blackbird, who invested in us, put us among the fastest-growing companies they have ever funded.
What do we do, exactly?
Our mission is to build the future of healthcare, and help people live longer, healthier lives.
We have built a bespoke technology platform to deliver healthcare to Australians with a level of care and depth that brings healthcare into the internet age and we are just getting started.
We work with doctors, specialists, pharmacists, and medical professionals from all over the country, and our brands (Pilot, Kin, Software, Normal, and Juniper) speak to different people at different stages of their life and needs. For example, our most recent brand, Juniper, is changing the conversation around menopause.
How do we work?
Things move quickly here.
We like to set goals with the mindset that if we hit them all we haven’t challenged ourselves enough. You’ll be surrounded by a world-class team of thinkers, designers, engineers and leaders who are obsessed with three things:
- The health and wellbeing of the average person
- Creating personalised, engaging, convenient user-experiences
- Making healthcare fun and interesting (because it is)
We are experienced business builders, our roots and talent run deep in the DTC and technology space. We believe too many chefs spoil the broth and people are given the freedom to make decisions (and mistakes), and learn from the journey. Ultimately, we believe ideas are cheap and great execution is more important than anything.
Why you'll thrive here
Here are the highlights:
- Come and experience the growth at one of the fastest growing startups (LinkedIn #5 fastest growing startups in Australia) while we are still small (~200 people).
- Push yourself with challenges that are world-first, unique and exhilarating.
- See the meaningful impact of your work on over tens of thousands of actual users (check out the customers that love us!)
- Learn from some of Australia’s best marketers, engineers, creatives, operations specialists, and medical professionals - joining a diverse team from Atlassian, Canva, Google, Koala, McKinsey, Bain, BuzzFeed, Optiver, Halter and many many more.
- A share in the company (equity), so you are rewarded for your best work.
- And also it goes without saying: flexible location work arrangements, WFH allowances, parental leave, gym benefits, employee discounts, social clubs sponsorships, uncapped learning and development budgets for all of our staff.
- Life is too short to not be curious