Why join Eucalyptus?
We are building the future of accessible, patient-centric healthcare right here in Australia!
In just 2 years, we've grown to over 100 000 patients across 3 companies. Blackbird, who invested in us, put us among the fastest-growing companies they have ever funded.
What do we do, exactly?
Well, we have built a technology platform to deliver healthcare to Australians with a level of care and depth that brings healthcare into the internet age. We plug into doctors, specialists and pharmacies from all over the country, and our brands (Pilot, Kin and Software) cater for different demographics. Our most recent brand, Normal, is changing the conversation around sexual health and wellness.
How do we work?
Things move quickly here. We like to set goals with the mindset that if we hit them all we haven’t challenged ourselves enough. You’ll be surrounded by a world-class team of thinkers, designers, engineers and leaders who are obsessed with three things:
- The health and wellbeing of the average person
- Creating personalised, engaging, convenient user-experiences
- Making healthcare fun and interesting (because it is)
The organisation is flat and decision making happens regularly and rapidly at every level of the org. We believe too many chefs spoil the broth and ultimately people are given the freedom to make decisions (and mistakes), and learn from the journey. Ultimately, we believe ideas are cheap and execution is more important than anything.
Why you'll thrive here
We want to set you up for success from day one, ensuring you’ll thrive here because you’ll:
- Come in at the ground floor at one of the fastest growing startups in the country while we are still small (~80 people).
- An awesome office in Haymarket, near Central (with flexible work – esp. during COVID).
- See the meaningful impact of your work on over tens of thousands of actual users (check out the customers that love us!).
- Learn from some of Australia’s best marketers, engineers and creatives, joining a diverse team from Atlassian, Canva, Koala, McKinsey, BuzzFeed, Optiver, Halter and more.
- A share in the company (equity), so you are rewarded for your best work.
Forget the agency world
- We don't pitch for new business. When we want more clients, we launch more brands. This means that your energy always goes into making work that's impactful from day 1.
- You'll make an insane amount of work. 3 months at Eucalyptus equals a years worth of agency work. We have the resourcing and budgets to let good ideas thrive, and work isn't watered down by things like clients or 60 page brand strategy docs.
- Make work that benefits society - we're not selling Big Mac's or Asahi's. All of our brands have an immensely positive impact to our customers health & confidence.
- Have your work judged by its effectiveness, not some washed out ECD at Cannes. Working at Eucalyptus you’ll be heavily involved in not just the production of work, but also in helping to measure its success once it's live.
- You’ll have ownership on a larger part of the creative process at Eucalyptus. Your execution won’t be limited to work that comes directly briefs. If you’ve got ideas that you think would work in certain mediums, we’ll make it come to life.
As a Video Editor at Eucalyptus you will:
- Work across multiple different brands and projects, evolving your style for each.
- Work on a wide variety of content for a range of businesses and brands including viral social content, longer-form Youtube content & TVC quality production.
- Brainstorm ideas for videos and campaigns (ads/editorial)
- Support the successful delivery of video content involved from start to finish.
- Edit user generated footage – create engaging content using provided video clips.
- Understanding and engaging with performance metrics to drive future creative decisions.
- Lead post production work such as grading, sound design and basic animation.
- Work with producers to accurately scope motion projects and deliver optimised assets for the intended final output medium
- Communicate your thinking through storyboards and treatment decks.
- Stay up to date with the latest in tooling and workflow processes in the motion design world.
- A demo reel with your best work.
- Colour grading experience and skills.
- Be able to construct a strong narrative.
- Able to work independently to achieve high quality results every time.
- Solid understanding of social and online platforms, culture, social and trends.
- A proven interest in various forms of media.
- 2+ years experience working as a a video editor at an agency or studio.
- A high standard of written and verbal communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge of After Effects & Premiere pro. Davinci Resolve a bonus.
- Working knowledge of best practices when it comes to workflow and folder structures.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- An understanding of sound design.
- Exceptional attention to detail.